I had never tried chalk paint before so I was dying to give it a whirl. I dismantled and sanded the whole piece down, then went-to-town staining what you see in the picture. Then came the chalk paint! It was quite easy to do, I put one coat on and it stuck without problems.
I wanted to give it the “country” look so I removed the wooden panels that enclosed the bottom doors and replaced them with chicken wire. I thought the silver look of the chicken wire was too contrasting with the theme I was trying for, so I spray painted them black.
I also decided to keep the doors on the top off of the piece so that I could easily see the stamp sets I have or later on add different shelving bins.
I also added these cute little knobs to the doors to add a little more charm.
Here it is, the final reveal! I am quite happy with how it turned out!
Check back for more “renovations” to the craft space at a later date.